Tuesday, April 5, 2011

not a photo pro

twenty years ago I mentioned that I was getting an instax mini for myself for christmas. but then the seller turned out to be a crook (boo!) and I never got it.

but then some while ago I found a deal on this baby

and then right after I found another one on this

sadly I haven't had the chance to try out the instax 200 yet (because the price of that film makes me go what the fudge??? ...I'm poor)
but I have had some experiments with the instax mini one

like I said Darling really likes that rug (:

these are from my friends birthday party a couple weeks ago. the theme was superheros. unfortunately there isn't any pictures of me (that I would care to share...) but I went as Storm from the X-Men.
yes, I'm a geek at heart.
playing the wii dance game. note the cool catwoman and lady gaga costumes

obviously I still got a lot to learn about taking pictures with these instax cameras. the fact that the eye hole doesn't really do anything still throws me off a lot. so I really strugle with the aiming. but other then that I love it! there's just something magical about instant film


{if you have any tips or suggestions how to work with the instax cameras I would love to hear them!}

23 comments:

  1. hey darlin. you seem very fun! i found you through "the daybook". her blog is actually what inspired mine: EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the instax photos! The vintage look is so lovely. What a fun party -thanks for the fun post! New stalker here:)

    pics-o-andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. this camera is super cute..i've been wanting one of these.. i really like the way the photos look.

    (and thanks for stopping by! i can only imagine how fantastic the summers in finland are..hopefully i'll know one day!)

    TravelDesignery.com

    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love instant film i wish it wasnt so expensive!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love instant film too. I have a really mini one that makes little stickers. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OO i love your photos! I want an instant camera so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you finally got the camera you wanted! The pictures turned out very lively. Haha, the rabbit and the rug is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't used instant film in years. This is awesome!!! I would love to have one. Then I could feel vintage.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your visit and comment.

    I like these instax photos. I love everything old style. Cool..

    www.denizsaatcioglu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these look amazing!!!!! What tips....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so lucky this camera takse such good photographs, I'm so scared to buy vintage cameras cause who knows if it's gonna work.

    This camera is magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your comment on my blog! Your blog is lovely--I'll be sure to stop by again soon! And maybe I'll actually update my own again...sometime...perhaps...ah, the life of a student with no free time. :(

    -Jenny

    P.S. Your rabbit is the absolute sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i ALSO have an instax mini-polaroid camera. it's so fun, isn't it?! but i agree...the film makes you feel oh so poor.

    you did a nice job! i love the feel of the "party shots"

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last photo is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have an adorable blog! love your photography and Polaroids! I'm thinking of getting one and now I really want one ;) following you!

    blog.misspouty.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. instax 200?? omg!! I'm jealous! I've been searching for one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1) that camera looks awesome
    2) i have always wanted a house rabbit
    3) may the force be with you


    i love your blog. will follow. thank you for the comment on mine!

    http://tinyaltars.blogpsot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great and your lil bunny is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh! Your photos make me want an Instax! Looks like so much fun!

    ps. thanks for visiting my blog! I'm following yours now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the photos you've taken, they remind me of stills from movies!
    I know what you mean about the price of film..the film for my instax is unreal! So for now it is just an ornament :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. i have similar to the first camera from ebay - i love it, i love instax film though very expensice. I also bought a cheap polaroid thinking i could get cheap out of date film....i was wrong :( still looking

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love to have one of those cameras, but I can't find them anywhere :/
    Your pics are great by the way :)

    xx Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  23. So much fun! I have a 210 and I love it.

    Your blog is adorable! Thank you for commenting on mine, so I could find yours. : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

may the Force be with you